We got a chance to talk behind the scenes of Aedan Outlaws newest project “Inga Oho” (Karma)
How has the reaction to your project been so far?
– It Has Been Going Pretty Well So Far! My Single ¿How R U Feeling? (Prod. Chewbie) Is Looking like the Most Popular Track! But Every Song Has it’s Own Vibe So I Encourage to Listen All the Way through!
How long did it take to make your project from start to finish, recording-wise?
– Most of my Projects Don’t take too Long to Create. But I Do Sit on Certain Tracks Until I have a Good Compilation to Put it With!
What kind of ‘sound’, production wise, did you have in your mind, prior to entering the studio?
– I’m Always Just Going in With What I Feel. I Am Always Chasing my Own Inspiration when it Comes to Sound.
What kind of input did the producer have during the process
And are you pleased with the final outcome? (sound – production wise)
– There Wasn’t Much Input Honestly I Wasn’t with the Producers to Have that Kind of Critique. But I am Definitely Pleased and Every Project I release Shows the Progression I have Made Through the Years.
Did the producer / (you) use any (weird) experimental mixing and/or recording techniques?
– Nothing Really Out of the Norm, But I Definitely Played around with Different Reverbs and Effects to make Some Track “Space-Like” for Example $HROOMCAP$ (Prod. LORDFUBU).
Please inform us about your favourite songs and lyrical highlights and why?
– I Honestly Feel Like this is a Great Project All Around and There is a Vibe For Everyone to Enjoy. I Also Feel Like there are Certain Times to Play Each Song So its Hard to Choose for Me! Like Picking your Favorite Child!
Any overall theme of mood that you’re trying to capture with the project?
– This Project Captures the Daily Life and Struggles we are Going through, and that is with Almost All of my Projects. I Use Relevant Events and Relatable Situations to Portray a Better Path or a Feeling of Not Being Alone. We All Struggle With the Same Stuff and I’m Here to Remind you!
Are there any ‘crazy’ behind the scenes stories from these sessions that you can share with us?
– Nothing Crazy about my Sessions Anymore Haha! I’m Always Recording by Myself Either in My Closet or in My Car. Then I Head Home and Mix and Master in the Comfort of my Bed!
How would you describe the sound of your tape to any potential new fan?
– I Would Just Elaborate on what I said Before, this is a Project with a Vibe for Anyone. It Captures the Struggles of Daily Life and Shows that you aren’t the Only One Going through it!
Who are your influences and heroes? (music-wise)
– I Always Have to Start with My Amazing Mother Who is a Singer Follow her @saintmercedes
– Then I would have to Say:
– Nas, Big L, Joey Bada$$, A Tribe Called Quest and More Just A lot of Old School Influences!!
If there’s anything you’d like to add, say, please do:
– Stay Tuned For My Next Single Set to Drop June 10th Produced by Yung Milkcrate!! Don’t Forget to Listen to the Latest EP Inga Ōhō (Karma) EP On Your Favorite Platforms Today! Also Follow @AedanOutlaw Everywhere and Click the Link Below to Find Everything in One Place!