Get behind the scenes with Sanctified for the inside scoop on their newest release, “Road to Azusa”
How long did it take to make your project from start to finish, recording-wise?
- It took about 2-3 months to complete. We took quite a bit of time developing a solid concept before we began working.
What kind of ‘sound’, production wise, did you have in your mind, prior to entering the studio?
- We really wanted to find “our” sound and vibe & I think we executed it well. Rather than trying to mimic an artist, we developed something that shows our personalities as a group and individually.
What kind of input did the producer have during the process
And are you pleased with the final outcome? (sound – production wise)
- We received great input from the producers that are apart of the EP. We stayed in good contact and sent them the rough drafts as well as final versions. They approve!
Please inform us about your favourite songs and lyrical highlights and why?
- Honestly, I love every song. Haha, every song feeds off of each other. All 4 tracks (1 skit) has their own “stories”. Each can stand alone, but they compliment each other too!
Any overall theme of mood that you’re trying to capture with the project?
- We want to capture what a modern day revival would/will look like. It doesn’t matter what age, gender, race, or ethnicity you are. We can come together and make a REAL change for the better.
How would you describe the sound of your tape to any potential new fan?
- Captivating rollercoaster/Relatable/Authentic
Who are your influences and heroes? (music-wise)
- Lecrae, Andy Mineo, KB & Social Club Misfits. They’ve all done great things for the subgenre (culture) we are in.
If there’s anything you’d like to add, say, please do:
- Go stream Road to Azusa ?? Available Everywhere!